Free Digital Training for Retail, Hospitality and Tourism
Businesses in Coventry & Warwickshire
Covid-19 has proved a colossal challenge for many retailers, hospitality Business and Tourist attractions. Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber is launching a brand new programme of Digital Training support, helping Businesses with Digital Marketing, Social Media, Online Digital tools all with the aim of connecting with the customer and increasing in store and online sales.
Retail and hospitality Webinar. Introduction to support and digital marketing advice for retail, hospitality and Tourism businesses.
Wednesday 13th October, 9am -10am
In this one hour webinar, Retailers, hospitality businesses and tourist attractions will be able to meet up and learn about the free digital training and grant opportunities available. They will have the opportunity to take part in polls to identify particular things they want to learn more about, plus pick up quick tips to get going straight away to survive and thrive in these difficult times.
- Overview of free workshops, training and one to one support available
- Social SOS - Instagram and Facebook tips to implement quickly
- What free online tools are available
- Have their say - what online training would benefit them most.
- Overview of funding and grant opportunities
Workshop 1 Social Media
Guide to powerful social media marketing for retailer, hospitality and tourism businesses.
Wednesday 14th July, 9am - Midday
Wednesday 20th October, 9am - Midday
During Covid-19, social media usage has seen a great surge. This workshop gives businesses practical social media marketing training to find and connect with their customers. Customers are increasingly seeking out and following local businesses on social media before they visit in-store and retailers, hospitality and tourist attractions need to embrace the most popular social media channels to build their customer's trust and convert to sales.
- How to use Facebook and Instagram to grow your business
- What are Instagram Stories and how to use them to connect with more customers.
- Using hashtags to get more followers
- What to post to help build brand awareness and convert to sales
- Case studies of local businesses who have had success using social media during COVID-19
- How to create compelling social media videos using your phone
- The power of direct messages - make sales without a website
- The benefits of collaboration with other local businesses.
Workshop 2 Online Tools
To connect with and sell to customers
Tuesday 6th July 9am - Midday
Wednesday 21st July, 9am - Midday
Wednesday 3rd November, 9am - Midday
The workshop is designed to help bridge the gap between bricks and mortar stores and online. How to build an online presence, create great customer experiences and drive more traffic to your business.
- Free google tools to promote your business
- Direct selling on social media
- How to use email marketing to drive more sales
- Local online selling platforms to get your products online quickly
- Tools you can use if you want to create your own website
- Simple SEO tips to help you get discovered on search engines
- Other tools to help deliver better customer experiences online and offline.
Business meet up and digital support
Tuesday 20th July 9am - 11am
Wednesday 4th August, 9am - 11am
Wednesday 17th November, 9am - Midday
A follow on session to review how participants have found putting digital skills into practice, discuss any questions and share successes or areas that need more guidance with. This session is open to any businesses who have attended the previous workshops.
The session will cover:
- Workshops review and Q&A session
- Chance to discuss queries from previous workshops and share ideas, problems and successes
- Key marketing priorities for the next quarter
- Networking opportunity and discuss collaboration ideas.