Overseas Market Introduction Service
DIT’s Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS) can help your business at any stage of exporting - from finding opportunities to setting up in another country.
OMIS helps businesses save time and money by using our DIT staff who are based in over 100 overseas markets. It can help you:
- access the market to help you understand if it is suitable for your product/service
- access the right international contacts or partners
- find the best way to do business in a market
- achieve a successful market entry strategy
- increase profits by using effective overseas promotion
How the service works
As a first point of contact, a DIT International Trade Adviser will contact DIT’s local experts
who will carry out research on your behalf.
Work can include:
- likelihood of success in the market and market entry strategies
- business opportunities and identification of possible partners
- advice on local conditions, including competitors, regulation and standards
- advice on accessing and influencing decision makers
- arrangements for a promotional event
The local experts will then discuss, develop and agree a quote. This can include:
- pre-visit research and support
- appointments with target customers or potential business partners or agents
- organisation of receptions, meetings or seminars for you to present your product or service
UK companies, either based in the UK or with an overseas presence overseas, can apply for
Costs are based on the time required to deliver the work. For example, a short report identifying potential distributors can be delivered from £500 upwards. A very comprehensive piece of work, or a number of activities in different markets, will cost more.
In some cases the quote may suggest additional costs which you will need to meet, such as venue hire or catering for an event. Any costs need to be identified in advance and agreed to before starting the activity.
How to make an enquiry
If you would like to discuss further or find out more information the Coventry & Warwickshire International Trade Team will be happy to deal with your enquiry.