To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber Training Commerce House 123 St Nicholas Street Coventry None CV1 4FD
International Trade Member Rate: £125.00
This Course focuses on some of the Duty relief schemes currently available such as Inward processing, End Use, Outward Processing and Customs Warehousing. The course will provide businesses with a brief overview of the benefits of each scheme but also the procedures that need to be implemented before considering such procedures. The Course will also look at the need for Customs Comprehensive Guarantee (CCG1) and how this links to AEO.
Topic Covered Include
- The benefits of Duty Relief Schemes
- The summary of the different types of schemes, Inward Processing, Outward Processing, End Use, and Customs Warehousing
- Key criteria for each programme
- Administrative procedures that need to be adopted to implemented
- How to Apply
- The Customs Comprehensive Guarantee what it is how you apply for one?
- The course will also include a summary on other preferential schemes such as Air Worthiness Certificates, Free Trade Agreements and Return Goods Relief.
- How having AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status can also provide benefits
- Suitable for individuals and business that are considering applying for one of the above or just need more information on the criteria, very useful for businesses that process materials from outside the EU for manufacture and re-export and those businesses involved in repairs of high value equipments. Also useful for businesses who may need to apply for one of these schemes post Brexit especially where supply chains could be quite complex.
- Business attending this course will get a good understanding of the various Duty relief schemes and after attending this course will be able to identify the pros and cons of each one and where to apply should they want to take if further.
Please note that there will be no refund for cancellations received less than 14 calendar days prior to the event.
- David Hooper
- Company Director, Hooper & Co.
David Hooper MBA, has worked in International Trade and Economic Development for 20 years including 5 years working for HMRC. He is now Director of Independent Freight Solution Ltd based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, who are a freight forwarder that also provide specialist advice, consultancy and training regarding customs and compliance related issues. David has an extensive knowledge of World Wide Customs Compliance and in 2016 Independent Freight became an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) for Customs and Security. Over the last few years David has been asked to give talks and presentations to business on customs compliance rules and regulations and guidance on how Brexit could affect business exporting and importing in the future. David has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinction from Aston University in 2004 and a degree in Economics, Politics and Philosophy from the Open University. David also sits on the Coventry of Commerce Brexit Committee.