DIT: Customs Data, Procedures, Check and Financial Audits
To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Online Zoom Event Once registered, a calendar invite will be sent to you which will contain details and a link to join this event None
International Trade Member Rate: £150.00
From the 1st January 2021 all shipments to and from the UK will be classed as ‘Imports’ and ‘Exports’.
Therefore, this course is aimed at individuals from businesses currently involved in imports and exports who want a refresher or those who due to Brexit may be new to this area of work and are keen to understand the information and data they need to manage and maintain so that they can either do customs entries themselves or provide the correct information to brokers/freight forwarders and courier companies.
It will look at the key components that go into a customs entry at import and export, including:
- Classification – how do I classify my goods
- Origin – understanding how to determine the origin of products and the difference between preferential and non preferential origin
- Valuation – how to determine the Customs Valuation and the rules and methods of valuing goods what should be included and what should excluded
- Customs Procedures
- Vat and Duty Calculations
What will I learn?
- An understanding of the key components of the Custom Entry at Import and Export
- The importance of this data and what it is used for
- Why businesses need to take ownership and responsibility
- How to identify errors and what to look for
- HMRC compliance risks and issues
- How to communicate the data
- What it is used for
- How it fits into the movement of goods
- How a custom procedure works?
- How the new UK/EU TCA (free Trade agreement) impacts on exports
When you register for your place, you will be sent a calendar invitation as confirmation of your place. The invite will include a unique link from Zoom for you to join the video call.
To cancel your place, please email [email protected] Please note that there will be no refund for cancellations received less than 14 calendar days prior to the event.
- David Hooper
- Company Director, Hooper & Co.
David Hooper MBA, has worked in International Trade and Economic Development for 20 years including 5 years working for HMRC. He is now Director of Independent Freight Solution Ltd based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, who are a freight forwarder that also provide specialist advice, consultancy and training regarding customs and compliance related issues. David has an extensive knowledge of World Wide Customs Compliance and in 2016 Independent Freight became an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) for Customs and Security. Over the last few years David has been asked to give talks and presentations to business on customs compliance rules and regulations and guidance on how Brexit could affect business exporting and importing in the future. David has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinction from Aston University in 2004 and a degree in Economics, Politics and Philosophy from the Open University. David also sits on the Coventry of Commerce Brexit Committee.