To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce Chamber House Cheetah Road Coventry West Midlands CV1 2TL
This training course explains how to accurately complete a simple customs declaration. Whether you plan to complete customs declarations yourself or use an intermediary to do it for you, this workshop will give you the practical information to ensure the process is completed properly.
Course content is based on the following topics:
- Introduction to Trade
- Business Responsibilities
- Export process
- Import process
- Valuation – explanation of the main methods and their application
- Classification – determining the use of commodity codes
- Using Customs Procedure Codes – use of appropriate CPCs
- Export and import controls
- Customs simplified procedures – explanation of procedures and benefits
- Demonstrate the gathering of information to complete a customs declaration using various example scenarios, covering both export and import, enabling learners to feel confident in their approach to their own declarations
- Explore a number of typical problems and common errors when completing declarations, increasing their ability to apply best practice
- Improve confidence and provide reassurance through an opportunity to bring specific questions or issues to the attention of the trainer
Please note that there will be no refund for cancellations received less than 14 calendar days prior to the event.
- Paul Wrighting
- Documentation and Trade Training Manager, British Chambers of Commerce
As Documentation and Trade Training manager for the BCC, Paul helps the network deliver international trade services to the business community. Paul has a specific responsibility to deliver on our MOU's with BIS and HMRC regarding export documentation which are an important part of Chambers international Trade offering. Along with colleagues from the network, Paul has developed a series of International Trade one day courses which are now run across the UK. Paul initially trained as an accountant and held various positions in practice culminating in being the Manager of a branch office of the largest independent accountants in Warwickshire. In 1993 Paul moved into industry working as Finance Manager for a company in the optical industry which exported to Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East. In 1999 Paul was promoted to General Manager and became responsible for managing the companies international network of distributors. In 2008 Paul joined the BCC as Finance Manager and was appointed National Trade Services Manager in July 2011.