To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber Training Commerce House 123 St Nicholas Street Coventry None CV1 4FD
International Trade Member Rate: £245.00
This exciting workshop will bring you up to speed with the Brexit process and the key practical aspects of international trade that will be affected by Brexit including.
This workshop will cover the key practical aspects of importing and exporting that will be affected by Brexit including:
Trade Now and After Brexit:
• How trade currently works with the EU and what will change
• The current Single Market and Customs Union Model
• Current Free Trade Agreement’s through the EU
• How a 'Canada Style' Free Trade Agreement between the UK and the EU will work
• Preparing for a no-deal WTO (World Trade Organisation) Brexit in January 2021
• What will happen to existing FTA's through the EU such as with Canada, Japan, South Africa etc
Practical steps to take such as:
- Preparing to make customs declaration on your EU imports and exports
- Preparing for import-VAT and tariffs
- Commodity code identification and use
- Rules of Origin
- Calculating customs value of your goods
- Conducting a supply chain audit
- Reviewing non-EU import/export markets and potential impact of loss of existing EU FTA's
- Reviewing your Incoterms and communicating with your buyers and suppliers in the EU
- Using Special procedures to minimise impact - for example IPR, OPR, AEO etc
Please note that there will be no refund for cancellations received less than 14 calendar days prior to the event.
- David Hooper
- Company Director, Hooper & Co.
David Hooper MBA, has worked in International Trade and Economic Development for 20 years including 5 years working for HMRC. He is now Director of Independent Freight Solution Ltd based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, who are a freight forwarder that also provide specialist advice, consultancy and training regarding customs and compliance related issues. David has an extensive knowledge of World Wide Customs Compliance and in 2016 Independent Freight became an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) for Customs and Security. Over the last few years David has been asked to give talks and presentations to business on customs compliance rules and regulations and guidance on how Brexit could affect business exporting and importing in the future. David has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinction from Aston University in 2004 and a degree in Economics, Politics and Philosophy from the Open University. David also sits on the Coventry of Commerce Brexit Committee.