BCC Global Annual Conference: Day 1
Wednesday 16th June 2021
Online Zoom Event Once registered, a calendar invite will be sent to you which will contain details and a link to join this event None
BCC Global Annual Conference Day 1 – A YEAR OF CHALLENGE AND REFLECTION
08:00 to 13:30
On Day 1 we consider trade, tech and innovation; the drivers to a bold new post-pandemic world. The pace of innovation and change is speeding up, so how can we transform, restructure and innovate to stay agile in response to global demand?
We will debate the UK’s position as a global leader in this space, with government keynotes, In Conversation sessions with senior business leaders and practical workshops on topics of particular interest to businesses.
Topics will include:
- Recapitalisation and access to finance for business to help them grow and thrive.
- How SMEs are adapting and transforming supply chains to meet new demands.
- A deeper dive into the new tech-driven industries that have evolved and grown in the last few years and that are coming into their own post-pandemic.
- How the City of London can maintain its competitive advantage and status as a world-renowned hub for attracting global talent, investment and capital.
- How forging dynamic international trade and investment relationships will ensure sustained recovery and growth in the economy globally, and how levelling the playing field globally can make trade work for everyone
Day 1 workshops:
Natwest - Identifying and reaching new markets, 11:20am - 12:20pm
As the world slowly emerges once again, there are a myriad of new markets and opportunities to consider that flow from the Covid-19 pandemic. Whilst it’s important to re-engage with customers we’ve served previously, it’s also important to consider where behaviours and trends have changed in previously unexplored areas that may now be a lucrative area of focus.
During this webinar we will consider:
- How to reach and refine newly identified opportunities;
- How to consistently roll our your business in these new areas; and
- How to accurately test and measure new markets against your business goals.
Work is no longer a place you go, it’s something that you can do from anywhere. There are more employees than ever before working remotely permanently, or in a hybrid model. Instead of going back to the way things were, many businesses are moving forward, combining the new practices they’ve implemented with the old ones they still like. Many are adopting a hybrid model that can fundamentally change and improve their business-improving employee productivity, cutting costs, and delivering an end-to-end personalised experience for their customers.
Working from home isn’t going away. Every meeting will now be a hybrid meeting. Video conferencing, collaboration, and secure calling has become an IT requirement for businesses of all sizes, especially small businesses.
This roundtable discussion will:
- Share best practice for ensuring inclusivity and productivity;
- Explore how technology can support a secure hybrid work experience; and
- Discuss the challenges and solutions for hybrid working.
For a full agenda and speaker line up, head to https://www.britishchambers.org.uk/events/annual-conference
Tickets booked for the BCC Global Annual Conference are non-transferable and non-refunable from point of booking.