To sponsor this event call our events team on:
Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber Training Commerce House 123 St Nicholas Street Coventry None CV1 4FD
International Trade Member Rate: £245.00
This workshop will help you understand the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) scheme and how to navigate the application process.
It will also give you a grounding in the key aspects of Customs Compliance when trading internationally which is an important issue for any business involved in importing and exporting.
Course content includes:
- Understanding the AEO scheme and its practical benefits
- Understanding the various aspects of Customs Compliance when trading internationally
- Understanding the application process and Identify the key elements within the audit
- Looking at the different sections regarding safety, security and customs
- Looking at the types of policies & procedures that may be required with practical examples
Please note that there will be no refund for cancellations received less than 14 calendar days prior to the event.
- David Hooper
- Company Director, Hooper & Co.
David Hooper MBA, has worked in International Trade and Economic Development for 20 years including 5 years working for HMRC. He is now Director of Independent Freight Solution Ltd based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, who are a freight forwarder that also provide specialist advice, consultancy and training regarding customs and compliance related issues. David has an extensive knowledge of World Wide Customs Compliance and in 2016 Independent Freight became an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) for Customs and Security. Over the last few years David has been asked to give talks and presentations to business on customs compliance rules and regulations and guidance on how Brexit could affect business exporting and importing in the future. David has a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinction from Aston University in 2004 and a degree in Economics, Politics and Philosophy from the Open University. David also sits on the Coventry of Commerce Brexit Committee.