- Job Title: Customs Declarations Officer
- Salary: £28k - £30k per annum (Full time, 37 Hours per Week)
- Reports to: Head of International Trade
Other key functions of the role include:
Pilot delivery of new services concerning topics such as customs compliance, Commodity Code Identification, Rules of Origin and leading training workshops.
Help account manage businesses that join the Chamber under our International Trade Membership Package and encourage uptake of relevant chamber services such as customs declarations and training.
International Trade Helpline – Assist Chamber International Trade Members and Export Documentation Clients with telephone and email enquiries regarding a broad variety of international trade issues. This includes but is not limited to international customs processes.
- To deliver Chamber Customs Service 09:00-17:00 Monday – Friday.
- Complete Import and Export customs entries for customers
- Ensure Customs Compliance
- Ensure knowledge about the customs declaration process is always up to date
- Hit targets for customs declarations and other commercial services
- Assist customers and Chamber International Trade Members with enquiries relating to import/export customs processes
- Maintain a broad-based knowledge of import and export processes (training can be provided) in order to assist Chamber members, deal with enquiries and help to sell relevant international trade services.
- Build relationships and rapport with customers.
- Use persuasive skills and sales techniques to encourage sales of the International Trade Membership.
- Promote and encourage other Chamber services, where necessary.
- Ensure customer activity is logged via the CRM.
- Communicate feedback from customers to the relevant Chamber staff.
- Adhere to Chamber quality systems.
- Other duties as required to fulfil overall Chamber operational objectives.
- Knowledge and experience of customs declaration process is desirable and a commitment to develop this area through training and on the job experience.
- Prior experience of an international trade role.
- Prior experience of leading training workshops.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Committed and energetic, but with a methodical approach.
- Good attention to detail, with previous experience of administration work
- Pro-active approach and the ability to prioritise workload according to requirements of the job.
- Confident and personable telephone manner.
- Commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Chamber objectives.
- Team Player.
Please email Matthew Hammersley, HR Manager: [email protected] with your CV to apply