Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Coventry and Warwickshire. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means you can access a wide range of training at no cost* to your business. *subject to eligibility
What’s on offer?
- A training needs analysis for your business, identifying the skills you need to support your business ambitions
- Flexible training – pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
- On-the-job vocational training to meet individual and business needs including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- Learning pathways for your employees enabling them to progress within your organisation onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships
- Recognised accredited qualifications and training courses to enhance your employees’ skills
How could you benefit?
- A more efficient business with improved profitability
- A highly skilled workforce delivering quality outputs for your customers and improving business performance
- Improved staff satisfaction and motivation, reducing staff turnover
- A wider appeal to new recruits
- Competitive advantage in your marketplace and improved chance of winning new business
SSW also offers training for individuals at risk of redundancy or recently made redundant. Contact the SSW team for more information or visit our website.
SSW in Coventry and Warwickshire is managed by Serco in partnership with Coventry and Warwickshire LEP. Serco delivers the training through a network of expert training providers.
For more information please contact:
Laura Johnson – Partnership Coordinator | 07718 186 442 | [email protected]